Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Motivation, Affirmations and Flowers

I have always struggled with motivation and discipline when it comes to my study. I find it really hard to focus on the end result and the bigger picture and I am amazingly proficient when it comes to procrastination. I have improved since becoming a mother and also as a result of becoming more mature. I am so determined to become a naturopath and also to just have some kind of qualification but I still struggle to sit down and study.

This semester I am studying Flower Essences as one of my units and I am amazed by this modality. It is such a wonderful and magical form of healing and I believe that magic comes through in more than just taking these remedies. Last week I studied several lectures before taking the quiz that was part of the assessment for this unit. Those lectures were amazingly relevant for the issues that I am going through and referred mainly to motivation and self love. I was completely amazed at this subject matter and it spurred me on to learn about this subject and provided me with startlingly relevant affirmations that I needed to be taking this course and that I am on the right track in terms of a profession. Then today, when studying the next lecture, my sister walked in the room to overhear the information on just one flower and she gasped and exclaimed "that's me!". Not only are these flower essences amazing and effective when taking the remedies but I believe that their power translates into something much greater.

It is completely encouraging for me, as a person who has chosen to incorporate my spiritual practices with what I want to do professionally, to see how these things can work on a much higher level than the physical. Before I started this unit I knew very little about flower essences, except for the copious amounts of rescue remedy I borrowed from other students before exams, and now I can't believe I haven't looked into it before now.

It is a beautiful thing for me to be able to incorporate what I know to be true in a spiritual sense into what I am learning intellectually. What a gift this is to be reminded of why I am studying this course at a time when my determination was flagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment