Monday, March 21, 2011

Self Love

On Saturday night my sisiter and I performed a beautiful full moon ritual. It was dedicated to self love, something I have always struggled with and my lack of which has been brought to my attention in a number of situations over the past month. It is not an easy thing to confront, mainly because a lack of self love means that you don't feel like you deserve to love yourself more. But I was recently reminded that as pagans we believe that divinity is in everything of the earth and we are all of the earth, therefore I have divinty in myself, so to not love myself is to not love the Goddess in some aspect. Having said that, if part of my spiritual practice is to love the earth and all beings within it, it makes sense that I begin with myself.

As we created our ritual the sky was brilliantly clear so we could look upon the Moon with awe, it began behind the trees and while we weaved our magic She rose up into the sky to shine, uniteruptedly, down on us. We did a guided meditation to meet the Goddess in all her radiance, and she embraced us and gave us the messages that we all both needed to hear. After the meditation we washed our hands in a bowl of water infused with white and pink rose petals while we described what we experienced in our meditations. We then wrote affirmations on a piece of green paper (to represent the heart charkra) and raised energy to put into a piece of jewelry that we wear all the time, to remind us to love ourselves. We then did or usual ritual elements of reading our cards and talking about our desires for the next month. It was an amazingly powerful ritual that left me feeling peaceful and relaxed, if a little depleated of energy.

I learnt that I am a daughter of the Goddess and that I, like all of us, am worthy of great love- most importantly from myself. I have had difficulty in writting a blog since it was pointed out to me that my writing skills are less than perfect. I think I was disheartened, because in writing this blog I am showing people a part of myself that is flawed. When I was younger I used to write stories; I have wanted to be a writer, a journoulist, a poet. I read alot, it is one of my dearest hobbies and yet I am a terrible speller and don't know an adjective from a noun, but I love myself and I think I have something that is worth saying. I will continue to write and someday i will improve my English skills, although right now it is not on the top of my list of priorities and that is fine. I am perfect just as I am.

1 comment: