Friday, February 18, 2011

Everyday Witch

'...When the moon rides at her peak, then your hearts desire speak...' -Wiccan Rede

Every month my sister and I hold space to honour the full moon. We cast circle in the back yard and speak about what we want for the coming month. We also reflect on what we wrote for the previous month. We then pull an oracle card as well as a three card spread of tarot.



Each time we perform this ritual I find we are becoming clearer and more intune with the requirements we have for the coming weeks. A friend of mine says it is like group therapy; that we sit around discussing things we want to change or issues tht are going on in our lives and it is a space to share with other people. These rituals mean so much to me because they are simple and direct and therefore something we are able to continue with each full moon.

Before my beautiful daughter came along my witchcraft was a huge part of what I did. However, after her birth everything was, understandably, pushed to the bottom of my list of priorities. What I have been learning is that I am now a new person so the spiritual practices that suited my old self need to evolve and change with me or be left behind.

This past year has taught me the importance of seeing the divine in everday life. I can't meditate for an hour everday or attend ellaborate rituals every week, but my spirituality has always come from within myself so I have no need to attend someone else's gathering to commune with the Gods or Godddess'. My daughter is a sorce of connecting with the divine, my mother energy and the Mother energy. She reminds me how important and liberating it is to see the world with childs eyes. She shows me everyday how amazing the world is and how much we take for granted.



I am slowly learning to incorporate my witchcraft into every moment of my life. There will be a point in the future where that changes again and I look forward to that potential. For now, my path is in learning the skill of being an everyday witch.

1 comment:

  1. Abby, l love how you write ! You've inspired me to step back onto my own path again after deviating for a few years.I look forward to reading how you travel on your own journey with you georgous family. Blessings in abundance.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete