Saturday, May 28, 2011

Anger and Acceptance

Tonight as I write this blog I am angry, filled with a seething indignation that I believe to be completely justified. As a result I cannot think of the wonderful uplifting subjects I might have written a blog about and have therefor decided to write about the relevance of such a stirring emotion.When I first recognised my own emotional climate my response was shame. I immediately tried to rid myself of the anger I felt, but I decided that in doing this I was not honouring myself and as a part of the development of self love, I decided, instead to explore this topic.

As a witch I believe that everything in nature is neither god nor bad, it is all part of an universal balance and as such anger has its place and when used in a healthy way it can be a constructive emotion. Anger can ignite a need for action, it can be a catalyst for change, it can even be as simple as helping someone become aware of there own core values and their expectations in life. Anger is a gift from the realms of fire , and in direct association with this element it is an emotion connected to passion and creation. I recognise that it can be an immensely effective tool.

Of course I agree that anger can be unhealthy, like all emotions stagnant or obsessive anger can be completely destructive, but if I follow the all important rule of 'harm none' and if I acknowledge my anger instead of ignoring it in response to the automatic shame I felt, I don't think it will have the power to become unhealthy. As a practitioner of magic I recognise that it is not healthy to enter a spiritual space while holding onto anger and this is another reason why I believe I should address my feelings in order to move forward and return to my more natural state of compassion and love.

My anger will pass, I will rant to loved ones and decide whether to address the cause or accept the experience as something that has given me a new insight into myself. Even just writing this blog has made me feel lighter and I am glad I have done so - I am sure I will be back to my happier self in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment